Wednesday 14 May 2014

Going the distance: The Soundtrack

I've blogged on gym soundtracks before but running outside needs a totally different type of motivation. Mostly because motivation is like an angry spontaneous child that wants cake one minute and a big cuddly bear the next

(www.justgiving.com/jefferydoesahalfmarathon)

10. Show tunes

Opening numbers and finales especially but this helped me hugely the other day... something about the Jewish esque music and the speed build up that made me push though when it really hurt:





9. Anything from the 90s

Need I say more?





8. Pop music generally





7. Anything with the word "Run" in it

Weird but true, even slow stuff... if it tells me to run I keep going going going....





6. DRUM BEATZ






5. Similarly.... WOOD BLOCK





4. Offensive Rap

No, sir. I am not a "Pussy'ole" and I will keep running to prove it.




3. Jamie T






2. The Queen of All Motivation Music: FASCINATION






1. The King of All Motivation: Air Traffic. 

Most of their stuff helps but this song in particular has it all, drum beat, build up, the word run... Thank you for getting me home so often.


No comments:

Post a Comment