Monday 16 April 2018

Jefferstow's Road To The Marathon: Post 9: The Final Countdown, International runs, and TREMENDOUS amounts of weight

I cannot believe The Final Week is actually here. It's a little under a year since I first got my marathon place. I definitely didn't know what I was in for at the time but (apart from multiple meltdowns) I'm proud to how far I have come and my current fundraising total is an incredible  £3,040 for which I do not have the words to thank those who have donated, not can I express how much this means to my beloved Auntie.

I've been planning a blog to show you all the pictures of the lovely international runs I've done during my training, the idea was I would finish up with a lovely picture across the croisette in Cannes, but if you needed any further proof my training is doomed, my flight was cancelled and subsequent days brought thunder and lightning so I didn't make it this time...

But first just to share an amusing story from one of my clients that I met in Cannes... As a disclaimer  I adore all my clients and they are lovely but often don't see me for large periods of time.
So on Monday last week, I was nearing the end of my meetings but looking forward to the next one, with a Dutch guy whom we had just concluded a deal with... the sun was finally out so I went out to the terrace to collect him for my meeting. He gave me a massive hug and exclaimed "Wow, Emma! Haven't you lost a TREMENDOUS amount of weight?!"

I must admit I was slightly speechless, I'm not sure if he was remembering me slightly fatter than I was... or maybe I underestimated how  big I was last year... or maybe it's simply true what they say about vertical stripes being slimming... regardless I decided to take it and the emphasis on the word TREMENDOUS as a compliment.... much to the amusement of my very 'supportive' colleagues...

When I got home I did decide to weigh myself as back in February I hadn't dropped a pound and I discovered I've lost... *drum roll please*..... HALF A STONE. yep. Three kilos. Seven pounds. And yes yes yes I know it's an achievement blah blah blah but I've been running FOUR TIMES A WEEK FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS and all I've lost is half a lousy stone. And yes I know that it's not the number that counts and yes yes I do look slimmer and yes if one more person tells me muscle weighs more than fat I WILL drop kick  you in the face.... All I'm saying is it I weighed less I would have a lot less to carry around with me for 26 sodding miles and it would be  much easier.  There's just no justice.

Anyway. Enjoy some lovely international run pictures. Say encouraging things and sponsor me. This time next week I'll be smug and no longer a whiny little cow. I promise.


OCTOBER 2017: CANNES

JANUARY 2018: MIAMI

FEBRUARY 2018: WARSAW

MARCH 2018: STOCKHOLM

MARCH 2018: COPENHAGEN


APRIL 2018: LEIGH-ON-SEA (HOME❤)







No comments:

Post a Comment