Thursday 13 December 2012

On the first Gym of Christmas, Virgin gave to me... A Megafix Workout Workout

As an introduction, I am going to attempt to go to the gym 12 times between now and the 12th of Jan, roughly one month. And I shall blog for everytime I go.


The Thursday 7am Body Conditioning class is the only one I can go to before work, all the rest don't give enough time for me to resume my usual professional look and carry on to work afterwards. Or so I think. Lots of people go to the gym before work, or even during lunch time, and they come back looking as if nothing has changed. I'm still glowing red when I get into the office, I can't usually put a cardigan on because I'm too warm for cardigan and coat (yes, even in this weather), and don't get me started on my hair. How these women do it I have no idea - is there a class I can go to?


So back to the First Gym of Christmas. This is a very odd body conditioning class. The instructor is absolutely lovely and introduced herself by name at the beginning and definitely didn't remember my name, but she's lovely. She's a tad scary looking - a bit like an anorexic, smiley Mystic Meg, but I can let that slide. The class is bizarre though. She uses these CDs she gets once a month which I think are called Megafix Workout Workout CDs... but I could be wrong. They take you through sets of exercises, repeat them and give you some rest time. It's one of those classes thats tough enough to make you feel like you've worked hard, but not hard enough to make you feel like you're dying for the rest of the day.

My main issue is that I have no idea what the exercises are called. Some are okay "Sprint in place" and "Side lunges" are ok... But what the hell are "Burpies" and "Side crabs"? Among other things I mishear so badly that she could be telling me to anally probe the person in front for all I know.

I can't help but thing this method of work out is a bit of a cheat, however knowing there's only going to be a set number of workout sets, and knowing you get a 25 second break every 3.5 minutes is the sort of hope that we pre-work gym troopers must cling on to.



No comments:

Post a Comment