Saturday 7 May 2016

Outrun: Week 1: 25.26 miles down

Phew,  7 days in!

There are several things I had forgotten about running regularly in the last two years:

1. Oh my days the blisters
2. It's boring
3. Oh my days the blisters
4. Several days spent walking like an old woman with incontinence
5. Oh my days the blisters

So in summary of my first week, my feet are basically two large blisters and my runs are already getting slow due to tiredness and the fact it is literally hotter than Ibiza today, but at least I can remember it's a bit more tortoise and a lot less hare this time.  Over 25% of my top target isn't bad in seven days, I'm working on the theory I can peter off more towards the end of the month.

My new house is also not ideally located for mid length runs, this morning I found myself jogging aimlessly in circles around water fountains just to get my mileage up.  It was quite a nice morning though and a trip down memory lane of many sunny afternoons with my grandparents as a child. One of whom I lost to cancer before we even knew she had it.



So please keep donating,  a lovely friend of mine has also been through surgery just this week, and a chance screening and quick work from doctors will have hopefully nipped it in the bud for her. I will keep running and keeping praying, all you need to do is donate a little cash.

Thank you ❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment