Sunday 29 May 2016

Outrun: Week 4: 88.05 miles down. How far is 100 miles anyway?

I am nearly there. 12 miles left and three days to do it in. Literally everything hurts and I can't be bothered but the donations are somehow keeping me motivated

I've realised now what I am doing is actually impressive, so to give some context I've had a look at how far 100 miles actually is so you can see how much effort I've had to put in over the last few months.

So.

100 miles = 160.934 kilometres = 160,934 metres.

That means 100 miles is:

- 402.33 laps of an athletics track

- 5 trips across the channel between Dover and Calais

- 3.8 marathons

- 32 Race for Life 5 Ks

- The distance (as the crow flies) from Southend to Belgium

- It is 3.3 times the width (West to East) of the entirety of London

So - pretty damn far!

Please keep sponsoring, I'm hoping to finish up in 2 more runs. And then never run again.

www.justgiving.com/emma-stow-outrun

No comments:

Post a Comment