Friday 3 August 2012

Stripping and tapping

Today was supposed to be a rest day. I resisted popping in for a body conditioning class this morning, but instead I found myself taking part in a good 8 hours of good old home grown exercise instead.

Friday 3rd August, 11am-4pm - Stripping

Amelia asked me to help her strip her wallpaper. I say asked, I think I actually offered and she offered me food in return. I do pretty much anything for food. Even with the steamer to help, wallpaper stripping is one hell of a work out. Welcome to the gun show. The steamy, sweaty gun show. At one point I was balancing on a ladder, steamer in one hand, stripper in the other. That used a lot of muscles. I would recommend it for getting rid of bingo wings. If only that was something I suffered from. I give wallpaper stripping about 3/10 for exercise. Mostly because it hurt my shoulder a lot. However the day gets a 10/10 because gossipping with Amelia and constant supplies of tea always win.

Friday 3rd August, 8-10pm - Tapping

Then evening came, and I head to rehearsals. Always fun, never particularly strenuous. The average age of our cast is about 55. None of them can move particularly fast or in more than one direction, so should be a doddle, right?

Wrong.

Tonight we tap danced. Or at least that was the aim. The group I was heading up changed their routine three times because it was either too difficult or too similar to something else we were doing later in the dance. I am terrible at tap dancing. I am better at the Charleston but I definitely don't want to see what I actually look like.




Now I'm sitting in bed in my pants with a beer. I feel this balances things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment