Friday 17 August 2012

Viva el cuerpo

Wednesday 15th August - Body Vive

So, Lorraine and I were a little sceptical about this class, considering the misleading nature of some of the previous 'Body' themed classes, but this class did not disappoint.

The instructor was very nice, she noticed how terrified we looked and came to welcome us personally and tell us what equipment we need (little did she know we're old hacks at the "wait til everyone else goes in and copy what they do" thing). She was a hilarious instructor. Overweight, by her own admission, sweating like a pig, failing to count and singing along horrendously. Luckily she was adorable so none of that mattered.

The class itself was great. It was nowhere near as difficult as some of the others, kind of repetitive at times but did a good mix of cardio and muscle building exercises. Plus you never did so much on one part of your body that it felt like it would fall off.

I'll give this work out an 8/10. A good mid weeker for when you're tired from work. WHICH I WILL BE STARTING NEXT WEDNESDAY. Cannot wait.

Friday 17th August - Body Conditioning

It was in the smaller studio this time, which means the weight selection is different. All I can say for this is: GOD BLESS 1.5KG WEIGHTS! I could actually do all the exercises without dying. And yes I should be pushing myself but at least I could do everything... I'll work myself up I pwomise. 

What a let down. My conclusion is that the blonde gym instructors are better. But the overweight Body Vive instructor was a brunette and the Pilates man was bald, so it's not particularly scientific.

The work out itself was good, but it was so boring. Every single move, on the step, with weights, laying down, abs, arms, legs, backs was "single, single, single, single, - pulse for three, pulse for three pulse for three" then "Seven Seven" which I think was called that because it felt like a terrorist attack on your muscles. But the woman had no bounce, no excitement. I didn't feel compelled to push myself and kept opting for the easier moves, whereas the Barbie lady two weeks ago was really lively and encouraging.

Unfortunately Virgin don't give accurate instructor lists on their timetables so you can't figure out the crap ones and avoid their classes :(

I did get my sweat on though and it was a good range of exercise. No grapevine, so, sorry Jennifer*, you get a 6/10.

(*Her name wasn't Jennifer)

No comments:

Post a Comment